The Countdown Has Started!
This FAQ page will be continually updated over the coming months as FAQs are revised or new FAQs added. The page was last updated on 17 November 2015.
The dedicated website for our Polio – Life Stage Matters Conference has now been launched! The Conference website contains detailed information about registration, speakers, program, exhibitors and visitors’ information.
The Conference will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel – a five-star luxury hotel in Sydney’s CBD.
Conference registration fees have now been determined and registrations are open! There are discounts available for early-bird registrations, as well as for polio survivors, carers / family members / friends, and students. Click to access the Registration Form.
Abstract submissions have now closed.
Keynote Speakers and Presenters
Polio Australia is delighted to be able to bring you this splendid line up of international and Australian speakers.
Getting to the Four Seasons Hotel from Sydney Airport
- Train: AirportLink – take the train to Circular Quay Station and the Four Seasons Hotel is then a 5-minute walk. Cost: from $17.00 one way (concessions apply).
- Airport to Hotel Shuttle: AirBus Sydney. Cost: from $16 one way.
- Taxi: NSW Taxi Council – the 12 kilometres trip will take about 15 minutes. Cost: from $30 to $50 (depending on traffic).
- Driving Directions: see this Four Seasons Hotel page.
Public Transport and Taxis
- Public transport in Sydney and environs is pre-paid using the Opal Card. The Card covers travel by bus, ferry, train and light rail.
- For taxi travel, the NSW Taxi Council website has contact details for both Sydney and NSW regional taxi companies and a wealth of other information.
- Wheelchair-accessible taxis in Sydney are booked through the Zero200 service – online, by phone or through a smart phone app (iPhone/iPad or Google Store).
- Accessible Activities and Attractions: Sydney For All / City of Sydney.
- Additional Accessible Sydney Hotel Accommodation: Easy Access Australia – Sydney / Nican – Sydney.
- Vehicle Hire: Disability Hire Vehicles / “Wheelies” Van Rental – Sydney / Wheelaway / Freedom Motors Australia.
Pre- and Post-Conference Sightseeing
- The Conference website will feature some iconic Sydney sightseeing options on offer to Conference attendees.
- If you are planning on staying a little longer, with an Opal Card visitors to Sydney can explore Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Hunter, Illawarra and Southern Highlands very economically.
- Other sightseeing options include the Sydney and Bondi Explorer – Sydney’s only Hop On – Hop Off tourist bus service.
- For more things to do and places to stay in Sydney and further afield visit Sydney.com and Destination NSW.